Educational Psychology Minor
Psychologists working in the field of education study how people learn and retain knowledge. They apply psychological science to improve the learning process and promote educational success for all students.
This 19-credit minor is available to all Mason undergraduate students and provides students a grounding in topics related to human growth and development, cognition, learning and instruction, motivation, measurement, and research methods.
- EDEP 350: Perspectives on Achievement Motivation (3 credits)
- EDUC 302: Human Growth and Development (3 credits)
- PSYC 312: Educational Psychology (3 credits)
- PSYC 320: Psychological Tests and Measurements (4 credits)
Select two courses from the following:
- PSYC 211: Developmental Psychology (3 credits)
- PSYC 313: Child Development (3 credits)
- PSYC 314: Adolescent Development (3 credits)
- PSYC 322: Behavior Modification (3 credits)