Let us help you prepare for Praxis testing. We offer workshops throughout the year.
You should meet with your academic advisor at least once per semester to ensure that you are on track to successfully complete your program.
Your advisor can do more than simply help you understand your program requirements; she can connect you to university resources that can aid in your success and can help you find ways to become engaged in learning outside of the classroom.
Elementary Education Academic Advisor
Thompson Hall, Suite 2300
Prepare for your Appointment
To make the most of your time with your advisor, please prepare for your appointment ahead of time. Here are some tips on how to do that:
- Plan ahead: Schedule your appointment prior to your registration time ticket so you have a plan ready and know which courses you should take next when it’s time to register.
- Make a list of questions: Review your degree evaluation in Patriot Web. If you’re an undergraduate, you should also look at the 4-year plan for your major. Write down any questions you have before coming to the appointment.
- Be informed: Review the academic policies, especially if you are interested in doing anything outside of the ordinary (e.g. taking a class somewhere other than Mason, withdrawing from a class, repeating a course, adding a minor). The best source for policy information is the University Catalog. CEHD has also created both an undergraduate and a graduate policy page that contains some of the policies most frequently encountered by students.
Schedule an Appointment
Elementary Education advising is done online via video chat by appointment only. To schedule an advising appointment, please use the Navigate Mason scheduling system.
- Click the image above, and you will be redirected to another page where you will enter your Mason NetID and password.
- Follow the prompts and select the type of advising service you want.
- Select the date and time that works for you.