Personal Health and Wellness Minor
The Personal Health and Wellness Minor will provide students with a broad foundation in the concepts of health and wellness education to encourage healthy living and lifelong wellness. Students will apply knowledge to better understand their own health for a positive approach to living.
This minor fosters an appreciation for personal responsibility for health strategies to enhance individuals’ health. Students gain an awareness of the cultural, psychological, and sociological issues affecting the health and wellness of individuals and the society in which they live.
The minor offers great flexibility so that students can individualize their minor to accompany their major and career goals.
Total credits: 18
Total Credits: 6
Select 9 credits from the following:
- HEAL 220: Dimensions of Mental Health (3 credits)
- HEAL 250: Introduction to School Health (3 credits)
- HEAL 310: Drugs and Health (3 credits)
- HEAL 325: Human Sexuality (3 credits)
- HEAL 327: Women's Health (3 credits)
- HEAL 331: Men's Health (3 credits)
- HEAL 351: Relationship Health (3 credits)
- HEAL 372: Health Communication (3 credits)
Select 3 credits from this list of RECR courses:*
- RECR 118: Cardio Conditioning (1 credit)
- RECR 119: Fitness Walking (1 credit)
- RECR 120: Weight Training/ Body Conditioning (1 credit)**
- RECR 181: Meditation: Introduction (1 credit)
- RECR 182: Pilates: Introduction (1 credit)
- RECR 183: Pilates: Intermediate (1 credit)
- RECR 184: Tai Chi: Introduction (1 credit)
- RECR 186: Yoga: Introduction (1 credit)
- RECR 187: Yoga: Intermediate (1 credit)
Total Credits: 12
*Student may take alternative RECR course with advisor approval.
**Courses that are offered on-campus only.
Current Mason undergraduate students should contact their advisor about adding a minor. Students may need to fill out the Minor Declaration form from the Registrar's Office website.
|TUITION CLASSIFICATION||COST PER CREDIT|
|CEHD Course Fee
($25/credit with higher per credit or flat course fees for internship and select ATEP, RECR, and RMGT courses)
|$25.00 - $257.00|
|Total Cost for Virginia Residents per Credit||$600.50 - $832.50|
|Total Cost for Non-Virginia Residents per Credit||$1,607.50 - $1,839.50|
|Undergraduate New Student Fee
(non-refundable, one-time fee)
|$360 | $285 for transfer students|
Please Note: Refer to the Students Accounts Office website for more information on tuition and fees. Various course and lab fees may be assessed depending on the course(s) in which the student is enrolled.
*Mandatory Student Fee (MSF): $155.00
For information on loans and scholarships, visit the Office of Student Financial Aid. For information regarding grants, tuition waivers, and other merit aid, please inquire with your graduate department. Also, many school districts offer tuition reimbursement options. Speak to your employer for more information.