Literacy/Reading Instruction Graduate Certificate – Literacy Coaching Concentration
The Literacy Coaching Graduate Certificate empowers literacy coaches with the experiences necessary to equip teachers with effective reading practices and improve student learning experiences in Virginia and across the United States.
This graduate certificate supports the career development of Reading Specialists or other literacy leaders and is aligned with the newly released professional standards for literacy coaching from the International Literacy Association. It has no match in the state or region.
Learn how to…
- support adult learning.
- design effective professional development.
- serve as a change agent in diverse schools.
- lead with digital technology.
- advocate for equity in literacy education.
Four, eight-week courses are offered in a 100% online format, allowing you to complete the program within a single year.
- EDRD 681: Collaboration and Communication in Literacy Coaching (3 credit hours)
- EDRD 682: Creating Change through Data-Oriented Coaching (3 credit hours)
Note: Students enrolling in the Literacy Coaching concentration must hold either a Master's degree in Literacy (or closely-related field) or license/endorsement as a Reading Specialist.