Curriculum and Instruction, MEd Concentration in ASTL: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)
STEM education creates critical thinkers, increases science literacy, and enables the next generation of innovators.
This concentration provides advanced professional development in science, technology, engineering and mathematics teaching and learning for practicing elementary, middle, or high school science teachers.
Core Courses (12 credits)
- EDUC 606: Education and Culture (3 credits)
- EDUC 612: Inquiry into Practice (2 credits)
- EDUC 613: How Students Learn (3 credits)
- EDUC 614: Designing and Assessing Teaching and Learning (2 credits)
- EDUC 615: Educational Change (2 credits)
- EDCI 660: Integrated STEM Teaching (3 credits)
In consultation with advisor, choose an additional 5 courses (15 credits) from among the following, with the goal of selecting at least one course from each area:
- MATH 613: Algebra and Functions for K-8 Teachers (3 credits)