Our program is offered on the main Mason Fairfax Campus (traditional face to face), regional cohorts (hybrid) and online.
Program Format Options for Fall 2021 and Spring 2022
We are accepting Fall 2021 admission applications for the following program options through July 15, 2021:
||We are also accepting Spring 2022 admission applications for the following program options through November 1, 2021:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of study (some applicants with a lower GPA may be admitted provisionally if there is sufficient evidence of potential success)
- At least two years of documented successful, full-time teaching in an accredited public or non-public school
- Valid Teaching License
*Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions on exceptions to the requirements listed above.
- Graduate application
- Application fee
- Goal statement (750 -1000 words) that addresses reasons for choosing leadership as a profession
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended (applicants do not need to send transcripts for courses taken at George Mason University). Once admitted official transcripts will be needed.
- Two recommendation forms - one recommendation must be from an administrator who supervised you in a school setting, and the second recommendation can be from anyone you choose.
- Current resume with your education, professional licenses/certifications, and professional experience.
The last step in the admissions process will be an interview. You must complete the online admissions application and submit all required information to be scheduled for an interview. All admissions interviews will be online. We recommend you apply by the priority deadline. Our program does not generally allow students to defer once admitted to the program.
Candidates interested in the Online program are encouraged to review the information posted on this site. Those interested in a regional cohort should select the Information Sessions tab from the left menu bar to be added to an interest list or register for an upcoming information session. We strongly urge candidates to register for an information session.
Space is limited in each program option, so we encourage interested candidates to start their admission application and submit it as soon as possible.