Admissions & Information Sessions
Our program is offered on the main Mason Fairfax Campus (traditional face to face), regional cohorts (hybrid) and online.
We are currently accepting admission applications for the following program options:
- Summer 2020 75% Online Stafford (Culpepper, Frederick & Orange) MEd/Certificate Degree Cohort Program
- Fall 2020 Loudoun Cohort MEd/Certificate Degree Cohort Program
- Fall 2020 Region North MEd/Certificate Degree Cohort Program
- Fall 2020 MEd/Certificate Fairfax Campus Program
- Fall 2020 Fully Online MEd/Certificate Degree Cohort Program
- Fall 2020 Fully Online MEd Concentration in Independent School Leadership Cohort
- Graduate application
- Application fee
- Goal statement (750 -1000 words) that addresses reasons for choosing leadership as a profession
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended (applicants do not need to send transcripts for courses taken at George Mason University). Once admitted official transcripts will be needed.
- Two recommendation forms - one recommendation must be from an administrator who supervised you in a school setting, and the second recommendation can be from anyone you choose.
- Current resume with your education, professional licenses/certifications, and professional experience.
The last step in the admissions process will be an interview. You must complete the online admissions application and submit all required information to be scheduled for an interview. We recommend you apply by the priority deadline. Our program does not generally allow students to defer once admitted to the program.
Candidates interested in the Online program are encouraged to review the information posted on this site. Those interested in a regional cohort should email email@example.com for information on how to be added to an interest list for upcoming information sessions. We strongly urge candidates to register for an information session. Information session dates are added to this site as they are scheduled.
Space is limited in each program option so we encourage interested candidates to start their admission application and submit it as soon as possible.The Fall 2020 priority admission application deadline for the EDLE MEd & Certificate Degree is March 1, 2020. We will continue to accept applications if space is available. The Fall 2020 priority admissions application deadline for the fully online MEd Concentration in Independent School Leadership is April 1, 2020
If we do not have an information session scheduled for a region you are interested in attending email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the region you are interested in and when you would like to start. The Education Leadership Program office will then send you updates on upcoming information sessions as they are scheduled.
Directions and Parking
For campus directions and map visit http://www.gmu.edu/resources/welcome/Directions-to-GMU.html
For parking information visit http://parking.gmu.edu/visitorsregulations.html
- Register: Education Leadership Summer 2020 Southwest Regional Cohort — 2/26/2020, 5:00pm - 6:00pm — Rocky Run Elementary School located at 95 Reservoir Rd, Fredericksburg, VA 22406 (Near the Geico Headquarters on Route)
- Register: EDLE M.Ed and CERG Campus Information Session — 3/10/2020, 4:30pm - 5:30pm — George Mason University, 4409 Patriot Circle, Fairfax, VA 22030 - Thompson Hall Bldg, Room 1010
The Education Leadership program will host a Virtual Information Session for the MEd Concentration in Independent School Leadership (ISL). The session will be held on Thursday, February 20, 2020 from 6-7 p.m. Please sign-up to participate.