Admissions & Information Sessions
Our program is offered on the main Mason Fairfax Campus (traditional face to face), regional cohorts (hybrid) and online.
We are currently accepting applications for the following program options:
- Spring 2020 Alexandria/Arlington Cohort
- Spring 2020 Prince William area Cohort
- Spring 2020 Campus Program
- Spring 2020 Fully Online Cohort
- Summer 2020 75% Online Stafford (Culpepper, Frederick & Orange) Cohort
- Fall 2020 Loudoun Cohort
- Fall 2020 Region North Cohort
- Fall 2020 Campus Program
- Fall 2020 Fully Online Program
- Fall 2020 Fully Online MEd Concentration in Independent School Leaders Cohort
- Graduate application
- Application fee
- Goal statement (750 -1000 words) that addresses reasons for choosing leadership as a profession
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended (applicants do not need to send transcripts for courses taken at George Mason University). Once admitted official transcripts will be needed.
- Two recommendation forms - one recommendation must be from an administrator who supervised you in a school setting, and the second recommendation can be from anyone you choose.
- Current resume with your education, professional licenses/certifications, and professional experience.
The last step in the admissions process will be an interview. You must complete the online admissions application and submit all required information to be scheduled for an interview. We recommend you apply by the priority deadline. Our program does not generally allow students to defer once admitted to the program.
Candidates interested in the Online program are encouraged to review the information posted on this site. Those interested in a regional cohort should email email@example.com for information on how to be added to an interest list for upcoming information sessions. We strongly urge candidates to register for an information session. Information session dates will be added soon - please check back.
Space is limited in each program option so we encourage interested candidates to start their admission application and submit it as soon as possible.The Spring 2020 admission application deadline has been extended to November 30, 2019. The Fall 2020
If we do not have an information session scheduled for a region you are interested in attending select the contact us tab or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the region you are interested in and when you would like to start. The Education Leadership Program office will then send you updates on upcoming information sessions as they are scheduled.
Directions and Parking
For campus directions and map visit http://www.gmu.edu/resources/welcome/Directions-to-GMU.html
For parking information visit http://parking.gmu.edu/visitorsregulations.html
The Alexandria/Arlington Information Session that was scheduled for Tuesday, November 12th has been canceled. Please send an email to email@example.com for more information on the cohort.