School of Education - George Mason University

Curriculum and Instruction, MEd Concentration in Early Childhood Education for Diverse Learners - Licensure

An early childhood education degree is a chance to learn about the specific tools that help a young child love learning, something that will benefit them the rest of their lives. The first five years of a child's life are pivotal to their long-term success.

This 30- to 36-credit concentration offers required coursework for teacher licensure in Early/Primary PreK-3. Students who have completed graduate or undergraduate coursework equivalent to concentration coursework prior to admission to this program may request that some courses in this concentration be waived. Students who are eligible to waive coursework must complete a minimum of 30 graduate-level credits to graduate. A grade of B- or better must be earned in all coursework.

In addition to the ECED concentration coursework, students must complete specific content area coursework in English, mathematics, science, and the social sciences as well as mandated state/accreditation assessments.

Curriculum and Instruction, MEd - Concentration in Early Childhood Education for Diverse Learners (Licensure)

Coursework (36 credits)

Total: 36 credits

Licensure Disclosure

This program has been identified by George Mason University as one that may lead to a career requiring professional licensure/certification. Federal regulations require Mason to disclose information as to whether this program meets/does not meet the educational requirements for licensure/certification in your state, or whether such a determination has not been made. Please consult our Licensure Disclosure Tool for the disclosure statement specific to your desired state/program combination.

George Mason University will verify completion of the requirements of a Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) state-approved preparation program at the graduate or undergraduate level. Such verification does not guarantee the issuance of a Virginia Collegiate Professional, Postgraduate Professional, or Pupil Personnel license from the Commonwealth of Virginia. It is solely the student's responsibility to comply with all requirements for licensure by the Commonwealth. Under Virginia law, a social security number is required for licensure.