Special Education, MED Concentration in Early Childhood Special Education Licensure
Early childhood special education teachers have the opportunity to influence the academic future of these children. Intervening at this early age increases the chance for children to improve in areas such as social skills, motor skills, language, and speech
This 36-credit concentration offers required coursework for teacher licensure in Early Childhood Special Education. Students who have completed graduate or undergraduate coursework equivalent to concentration coursework prior to admission to this program may request that some courses in this concentration be waived. Students who are eligible to waive coursework must complete a minimum of 30 graduate-level credits to graduate. A grade of B- or better must be earned in all coursework.
In addition to the ECED concentration coursework, students must complete mandated state/accreditation assessments.
This concentration qualifies for Title IV Federal Financial Aid. For more information about program graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our disclosure information page.
- ECED 502: Foundations of Language and Literacy for Diverse Prekindergarten and Kindergarten Learners (3 credit hours)
- ECED 503: Inclusive Curriculum for Young Learners: Planning Instruction and Guidance (3 credit hours)
- ECED 504: Engaging Families of Diverse Young Learners (3 credit hours)
- ECED 505: Introduction to Early Childhood Special Education (3 credit hours)
- ECED 506: Medical and Developmental Aspects of Disabilities of Diverse Young Learners (3 credit hours)
- ECED 511: Assessment of Diverse Young Learners (3 credit hours)
- ECED 522: Developing Language, Literacy, and Communication of Diverse Infants and Toddlers (3 credit hours)
- ECED 523: Early Intervention for Infants & Toddlers with Disabilities: Collaborative & Consultative Approaches (3 credit hours)
- ECED 781: Seminar in Early Childhood Education (3 credit hours)