Other Funding Opportunities
Funding Opportunities Available through the PhD in Education Program
Numerous funding opportunities are available through the PhD in Education Program in the College of Education and Human Development to support doctoral students in degree completion.
- Doctoral Study Fellowships (Due October 1, 2021): Each academic year, the PhD in Education Office awards a limited number of fellowships from funds allocated by the Commonwealth of Virginia. Full-time students are eligible to apply (see additional requirements within the application). Awards are made each fall semester and the amount varies based on available funds. Contact Joan Stahle (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions about the award.
- Dissertation Completion Fellowships (Due October 14, 2021): These competitive awards go to PhD in Education students to support completion of their dissertation research. Students in dissertations stage are eligible to apply (see additional requirements within the application). Awards are made each semester for up to $2,000. Contact Joan Stahle (email@example.com) with questions about the award.
- AERA Student Membership Discount (closed): The PhD in Education Program is partnering with the American Educational Research Association (AERA) to offer doctoral students with reduced dues for this one-year introductory program to AERA. Full-time and part-time doctoral students new to AERA are eligible to apply (see flyer for additional benefits and information for how to sign up). Contact Joan Stahle (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions about the award.
Other Funding Opportunities for Graduate Students at George Mason University
Additional funding opportunities are available to graduate students at George Mason University through other offices on campus, including the following:
- College of Education and Human Development
- Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President
- Financial Aid
External Funding Opportunities for Doctoral Students
Funding opportunities external to GMU that may be applicable to students in the PhD in Education Program include: