Summer 2021 Schedule and Books
- Dates: 5/19/2021-7/7/21
- Day: Wednesday
- Time: 4:30-7:10
- Instructor: Dr. Olaya Landa-Vialard
- Technology: Collaborate Ultra/Zoom
- Participation: NET: All students participate from home
- Bateman, B. & Linden, M.A. (2012). Better IEPs: How to develop legally correct and educationally useful programs (5th ed). Verona, WI: Attainment Company, Inc. ISBN: 978-1-57861-568-1
- Holbrook, M.C., McCarthy, T., & Kamei-Hannan, C. (Eds) (2017). Foundations of Education (3rd Ed). Volume II. Instructional strategies for teaching children and youths with visual impairments. NY: AFB Press. ISBN: 978-0-89128-339-3
- Hybrid course: 5/17/21-7/5/21
- The first several weeks of this class meet asynchronously.
- Potential face-to-face lab: June 18-20. Please note, this is tentatively scheduled and is subject to change. Enrolled students will be contacted with specific details about the schedule, locations, dates, and times for the practical portion of this course. Portions of this lab may be conducted synchronously online and in-person in accordance with required safety provisions.
- Instructor: Dr. Kimberly Avila
- Book: Pogrund, R. L., & Griffin-Shirley, N. (2017). Partners in orientation and mobility. AFB Press, NY, NY
Below are other Summer 2021 courses offered through the grant section at Mason; registration is through Blackboard. Please consult with Patriot Web and the Bookstore for books and schedule information.
- Introduction to Special Education (EDSE 501 asynchronous online)
- Language Development and Reading (EDSE 503 choice of on-campus or synchronous online)
- Collaborative Teamwork to Support Students with Significant Disabilities (EDSE 663 synchronous course)