Applicants applying to the Virginia Consortium for Teacher Preparation in Visual Impairments must have:
- Masters/graduate candidates:
- A bachelor's degree in education or a related field such as rehabilitation counseling, sociology, or psychology. Although not required, experience in special education is preferred. Candidates without educational background in any of these fields may be accepted at the discretion of the admitting liaison.
- Each university outlines admission requirements for GPA and testing (e.g. Praxis, SAT or ACT).
- Undergraduate candidates:
- Please contact Dr. Kimberly Avila for information on VI Consortium opportunities for undergraduate students.