Course Scheduling Sequence
Prerequisite courseCharacteristics of Students with VI (3 credits), offered fall and spring, depending on enrollment.
Students may begin program during any semester.
Core Special Education Courses
- Semester offerings vary by university, please check with you university for schedule.
- Introduction to Special Education
- Language Development and Reading
- Braille Code (3 cr.)
- Medical and Educational Implications of VI (3 cr.)
- Assistive Technology for Individuals with Sensory Impairments (3 cr.)
- Positive Behavior Supports (3 cr.)
- Curriculum and Assessment for Students with VI (3 cr.)
- Braille Reading and Writing (3 cr.)
- Teaching Methods for Students with VI (3 cr.)
- Orientation and Mobility for Students with VI (2 cr.)
- Collaborative Teamwork (3 cr.)
- 4-12 credit units; Requirements vary slightly across different universities.
Note: These courses may be listed under a different name at your participating university; check with your university liaison. Courses are available each semester and are taken through home university.